Family events can be stressful all on their own, but when you add the holidays into the mix, it can be close to unbearable! Every family has those relatives that add to the stress as well, and with the holidays just around the corner, it is extra important to prepare yourself. You don’t want to be the one that loses your cool at Thanksgiving dinner when someone makes an insensitive comment.
The best way to beat the family stress during the holidays is to pick up a set of Plantronics BackBeat Fit wireless headphones. Want to make it through the holiday seasons without picking up an assault charge? Here’s how BackBeat Fit can help you out!
- Take a walk: When Uncle Mike starts in about how you’ve put on a couple pounds since last year, simply pop the BackBeat Fit Wireless Headphones in your ears, and hit the street. You won’t have to listen to Uncle Mike anymore, and he will get the impression that you really heard him. Best part, the battery on these suckers last forever so you could keep on walking until Uncle Mike is passed out drunk on the living room floor.
- Cooking with a beat: When your mom and sister start arguing about which pan of cookies to put in the oven first, just smile and press play on your BackBeat Fit Wireless headphones. Since they are wireless, you can barely see them and no one will know you are rocking out. Just make sure you smile and nod when one of them looks at you.
- Selective hearing: While sitting around the holiday table this year, you can decide to choose which conversations you participate in and which ones you mentally block out. The BackBeat Fit Wireless headphones allow you to hear what’s going on around you, so you won’t miss out when Grandma tries to slip you a twenty under the table, but you can still block out your Aunt Linda when she asks how long until you find someone nice and settle down to start a family.
- Enjoy the show: Don’t let the stress of family at the holidays get to you this year, instead make an awesome playlist full of your favorite songs and watch as everyone else gets stressed. They will wonder how you are still smiling, and it will be up to you whether you share your secret.
- Meditate: After a few hours, you might still start to feel the stress creeping in. If the above pointers have not kept the stress away, more intense maneuvers may be necessary. So, add some Enya to your play list and meditate to the sweet melodies. Pretend you are in bed, full of food, and looking towards a new year. Breath in…breath out….
Now, you are ready for your family to arrive! Oh, wait…You don’t have a pair of Plantronic BackBeat Fit Wireless headphones yet? That’s okay, because I have a FREE set to giveaway courtesy of Plantronics and BibRave!
Here’s how to win! You will have until Sunday, 11/29 at noon EST to enter and winners will be announced on 11/30. This giveaway is only open to U.S. residents.
To enter you will need to comment on this post, follow me on twitter, follow BibRave on twitter, and follow Plantronics on twitter. Use the Rafflecopter link below to enter!
Extra entries can also be obtained by sharing this post on twitter, and heading over to Facebook to like Plantronics, BibRave, and Running to Happiness.