It’s been a terrible week at work. I’ve been craving a comfort sweet all week and since its potluck week at work, decided to make some vegan brownies.
I took a traditional recipe and veganized it, and it was delicious!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar (vegan)
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix the liquid ingredients separately and mix into the dry ingredients
- Pour into medium sized baking dish
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on the top of the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean
I let the brownies sit for 15 minutes or so, before cutting. They turned out awesome!
I think I will try reducing the amount of oil and adding in applesauce in the future.